Monday, August 11, 2008

My confession

Why do i have so many home made pieces? Why don't I just buy? I could have saved up for a new computer desk and headboard. I could have found discount pillows instead of discount fabric. I could have bought a vase that had a natural appareance, instead of spending 8 hours wrapping rattan covered wire around an old glass vase, I would have not only saved myself time but also a few blisters on that one. The truth is, I love to create. Sometimes I can't even sleep because I have an idea in my mind and I can't wait to have it come together. My boyfriend hates times like that, He thinks I'm crazy. But it's truley a passion of mine. Some woman have a passion for shoe shopping or cooking or anything else that makes them feel at ease and complete. Mine is arts and crafts. Sad but true. Don't get me wrong, there is no better feeling than walking in a room with your new, 3 inch stilettoes that demand attention. But theres also no better feeling than putting your own thoughts and time into a project, stepping back and seeing it come to life. This is what got me to go to school for Interior Design. So what if having a passion for arts and crafts at 25 years old sounds crazy, I wouldn't want it any other way.

No comments: